Dark Magician Academy

This Academy(forum) is ruled by the Dark Magician. You will learn the dark arts so that you can survive in a duel.

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Johan's Blazing Inferno deck

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Johan Andersen
Untested
Untested

Deck Master : Infernal Flame Emperor
Shadow Tokens : 18

PostSubject: Johan's Blazing Inferno deck   Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:09 pm

Deck Name: Blazing Inferno!
Total Cards: 60

Monsters: (26)
1x Element Valkyrie
2x Flamvell Archer
2x Flamvell Dragunov
2x Flamvell Fiend
2x Flamvell Firedog
1x Fox Fire
1x Gaia Soul the Combustable Collective
2x Guard of Flamvell
1x Hand of Nephthys
1x Infernal Flame Emperor
2x Inferno
2x Little Chimera
2x Raging Flame Sprite
1x Sacred Phoenix of Nephthys
3x Solar Flare Dragon
1x Thestalos the Firestorm Monarch
1x The Thing in the Crater
2x Ultimate Baseball Kid

Spells: (21)
1x Blessings of the Nile
1x Dark Room of Nightmare
2x Final Countdown
1x Level Limit Area - B
3x Lightning Vortex
1x Meteor of Destruction
2x Molten Destruction
1x Mystical Space Typhoon
2x Reload
2x Spell Absorption
2x Synchronized Realm
1x Terraforming
2x Wave-Motion Canon

Traps: (9)
2x Backfire
1x Call of the Haunted
2x Dark Bribe
1x Dimentional Prison
2x Flamvell Counter
1x Wall of Revealing Light

Last edited by Johan Andersen on Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:17 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CyberZane
Dark Magician Dorm Member

Deck Master : Cyber End Dragon
Shadow Tokens : 30

PostSubject: Re: Johan's Blazing Inferno deck   Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:20 pm

OK this deck fails....., first make sure you have a very fair number of monsters,spell,traps. i would suggest narrowing it down to 40.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Johan Andersen
Untested
Untested

PostSubject: Re: Johan's Blazing Inferno deck   Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:45 pm

Does anyone have anymore suggestions? The comment are quite appreciated.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dark Seraphim
Magician Of Black Chaos Dorm Leader
Magician Of Black Chaos Dorm Leader

Deck Master : Dark Destiny - Seraphim
Shadow Tokens : 186

PostSubject: Re: Johan's Blazing Inferno deck   Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:13 am

Honestly, I have to agree with CyberZane. First, narrow your deck to 40 cards, that's standard. Next notice the monsters you have. You've only got 1 or 2 copies of each, which brings it down to pure luck and the monsters you use don't shine. Same goes for your spells and honestly some of those aren't actually good, Level Limit Area B is limited, so only one copy is allowed. Lightning Vortex > Tribute To The Doomed by a long shot. As for your traps, Call of The Haunted, Torrential Tribute and Mirror Force are standard staples. Dust Tornado can be sided as it doesn't negate the effect of a spell/trap card.

This isn't to be mean or anything, sorry.

ezalor_2510
Skilled Dark Magician Dorm Member

Deck Master : Cyber Dragon
Shadow Tokens : 1177

PostSubject: Re: Johan's Blazing Inferno deck   Tue Jun 15, 2010 8:49 am

hmmm...i'm not sure since i don't use burn or pyro decks but here i go:

-replace ur sakuretsus with dimensional prisons cuz they're much more better. sakuretsu only leads to more trouble since it lets your opponent use monster effects that "activates when this card is destroyed and sent to the graveyard".
-replace your energy drain and spell shield with dark bribes cuz it can negate both spells and traps and it's more efficient.
-instead of 2, have 3 solar flare dragons. that guy is really good at burning and preventing attacks but the chances of drawing both of them from your deck is limited since you've only got 2.
-premature burial is forbidden so get rid of that. one call of the H. would do just fine
-have you tried (i'm not sure what it's actually called) flame sprite? the card which can attack your opponent directly and gains 1000 attack each time it inflicts damage...yea that one. you might want to have a look at that card. not really one that's worth placing in ur deck but it sure is fun to play so maybe you can side it.
-tune ur deck up Very Happy use the new released flamvell archetype cards. they've got some good synchros and tuners that you could use in conjunction with this deck. i recommend you use flamvell guard as your tuner. It's one of the best out there
d(^,^)b
-i agree with DS. lightning vortex is not limited anymore so replace ur tribute to the doomed
-If your gonna burn someone, BURN THEM!!! and by BURN, i mean use the really vicious burn cards like wave-motion cannon, (final countdown maybe? and i know this card fits nowhere in this deck but bad reaction to simochi is a really bad burn card Surprised )

and finally, I have a sense that this is NOT your virtual deck that you use online and that it is the deck that you use in real life. If that is the case, then i guess your fine just the way you are. YuGiOh! cards are expensive in real life and have cost me a lot so i won't be surprised if you can't get/ don't have the card that you need for this deck to work. my real life deck, i have to admit, was something like this too before. it was just jumbled up cards that i can get from card packs that i've bought. But over time, i was able to collect each piece of the deck i wanted to end up in and now, i've almost got all of the cards i need Very Happy

So again, if this is ur real life deck...the idea of taking out cards till u've got 40 is a decent advise and as for the other replace/ add/ remove this card...you won't really need for now unless you do have those cards XP

glad I could help if i did Very Happy
if i didn't, well i'm glad i tried to help XD
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Johan Andersen
Untested
Untested

PostSubject: Re: Johan's Blazing Inferno deck   Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:19 pm

Alright, I edited my deck again. Yes, I originally based this deck on one I own in RL (and personally I like this one better than the one I actually own). However, is the total amount of cards too much? Also, do I really need spells that regenerate my LP?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CyberZane

Deck Master : Cyber End Dragon
Shadow Tokens : 30

PostSubject: Re: Johan's Blazing Inferno deck   Tue Jun 15, 2010 3:30 pm

lol, do you have hamachi? if so gme the network and pass and ill help u with your deck(s).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ezalor_2510

Deck Master : Cyber Dragon
Shadow Tokens : 1177

PostSubject: Re: Johan's Blazing Inferno deck   Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:30 am

for regenerating hp, try cards like mystic wok and emergency provisions.
if u like continous healing, then try using cards like solemn wishes.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Suris
Dark Magician Girl Dorm Leader
Dark Magician Girl Dorm Leader

Deck Master : Endymionthe, Master Magician
Shadow Tokens : 193

PostSubject: Re: Johan's Blazing Inferno deck   Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:46 pm

Or neither, you're running a fire deck... you're focussing on killing their lp, not giving you back the ones you lost. Ideally, you'll lose lp slower then them, cause they'll lose it in bigger chunks. Here, one sec....

Monsters 19

Flamvell firedog 3
Flamvell magician 3
Little chimera 3
ultimate baseball kid 2
flamvelle commando 2
thestolos the firestorm monarch 2
inferno 2
solar flare dragon 2

Spells 10

molten destruction 3
terraforming 2
wave motion canon 2
soul exchange 1
rekindling 2

Traps 11

dimensional prison 3
backfire 3
dark bribe 2
spritual fire art Kurenai 3

Ok, D prisons and bribes stall into combos and keep the field clear for you, backfire will burn them as they try to kill your stuff, chimera and molten destruction add power boosts to your monsters so you can kill their life points quickly... Soul exchange makes thestalos and flamvell commando free summons, you lsoe your battlepfase but you do enough damage anyways

Firedogs bring out magicians so you should make stardust dragon straigtaway, bIf it's late in the game.... use spiritual fire art to kill the rest of their lifepoints because of his high attack points. use soul exchange for thesetalos to get a 2 for 2 + some burn damage, if thestalos dies backfire kills their points more.

Wave motion cannon can be a finisher as well as bait. They kill it instead of molten destruction? that's fine, Firedog's a 2400 beater with a 1900 flamvell magician backing him up to make them cry. They kill them? Fine, 1000 damage from backfire to punish their stupidity. 2 backfrires? COOL! 2k damage. then.

Late game and yous till can't push for the win? That's fine, rekindling to summon out a commando and firedog/magician. Tune those guys to make stardust, and commando can send firedog away for some more burn damage, then fire art him for about 4k damage total... oh btw you still have a stardust dragon out. GG.

All in all, it's solid now, keep it at 40 cards, edit ones that don't work, but do not go over the 40 limit.

By: Me
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Darkonekosuke
Untested
Untested

Deck Master : Exodius the Ultimate Forbidden Lord
Shadow Tokens : 99

PostSubject: Re: Johan's Blazing Inferno deck   Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:04 pm

to supplement suris' idea, UFO Turtle, pulls out magiacian, chimera, inferno, baseball kid, and dragon
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Johan's Blazing Inferno deck   

Back to top Go down

Johan's Blazing Inferno deck
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1